There’s so much to say about this from soo many different perspectives but let’s start with number one!
1. Kieren was gifted a two-stringed cigar box guitar, and knew straight away we were going to make some kind of track with it. This is that track! Percussion, bass and lead lines all from this box.
2. Apparently, we wrote a protest song, which wasn’t the intention when we started jamming with it, but you know.. these things happen.
3. It turned into some weird orchestral production behemoth where adding reversed, reverbed trumpets seemed like the only logical option.
4. Originally this was called “This Is How The War Starts” and that got turned around into something more positive by two people – Amanda Palmer and Damian Keyes – Musician & Band Advice. We started this track around the time Trump got elected and social media was having a meltdown, I remember seeing a post from AP about “this being the time to make positive art” and I kind of took that to heart. On the same day DK posted a video about Trump and it reflecting badly on bands social media pages and I decided then this was going to be a positive song.
5. We wanted to make something awesome with this in both the audio and visual spectra and we hope we have done that. Soo many hours this week have been poured into this piece so we really hope you like it!
If you could see your way to sharing, commenting, sending this to friends that would be awesome of you, and as always the obligatory plug of our YouTube – http://youtube.com/boxtaperocksyou if you wanted to subscribe.
(Video filmed at Devil’s Dyke, Brighton. Recording, editing, production, and everything video-y by Boxtape with some help from Sarah-Kye Faulkner)